We are an organisation where Hearts and Minds Connect and have developed a culture and ethos that ensures children and young people achieve the very best outcomes whilst developing a life-long love of learning. We have high expectations academically but we also place a great emphasis on positive attitudes to learning and building effective relationships with others. Our children and young people are encouraged to develop themselves as fully rounded, emotionally intelligent individuals. Our people are highly valued and encouraged to take advantage of the wealth of developmental opportunities across the trust.
The individual will be at the heart of all that we do and our aim is for everyone to feel valued and respected for themselves and feel that they belong.
• Everyone will be supported and encouraged to build emotional resilience and be happy and confident in what they do.
• We will expect and value integrity and people should feel safe to speak up for what they believe and know their voice will be heard.
• We will develop a keen sense of what is right and wrong and seek to tackle injustice wherever we find it, whilst ensuring we are tolerant of different views.
• Our leadership culture will inspire, encourage and motivate others to realise their full potential and focus on raising and achieving their aspirations.
How we connect with each other, the community, culture, our learning and the wider world is the foundation of everything we do.
• We will provide clarity of vision which will enable us to develop shared goals with everyone feeling empowered to pass on their skills and knowledge to the benefit of the wider Trust.
• Our relationships are built on mutual respect, professional trust and challenge.
• We will develop inspiring leaders with the emotional intelligence to work collaboratively with and respect people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
• We will foster a culture of collaboration which embraces and builds on existing strengths and harnesses creativity.
How we develop our ability to think in different ways and improve our understanding and capacity to learn.
• We will promote the use of problem solving skills and resourcefulness to enable children, young people and staff to challenge themselves, release their creativity and achieve their full potential.
• We will provide opportunities to stretch individuals in order for them to take responsibility for their own learning and develop independent thought, in order to take on different and challenging roles across our Trust.
• We will encourage self-awareness and self-reflection in all individuals to allow them to raise the level of their achievement and improve their contribution to the life of their Academy.
• We will ask questions and learn from one another and develop our critical analysis skills to make sound, reason-based decisions and judgements.
• We will be unafraid to use the power of our imagination to take risks in the pursuit of excellence.